As an Open Source Database Administrator, you will work at the heart of the organisation, surrounded by the expertise of your colleagues. You will manage the database environment of our customers: from advise/initial setup and assessment to the management and support, within a local datacenter or the cloud.
As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the daily operations of our database deployments around the world. You will install, configure, and maintain several different types of database systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB,… There is also a heavy focus on automation and tools like Ansible.
The ultimate highlight of your job? We offer you the opportunity to grow into one of the best open source DBAs by attending courses, executing challenging projects, etc. Are you up for the challenge?
Furthermore, you will be able to avoid traffic jams by working from home or by teleworking (in one of our remote offices).
These will be your responsibilities:
- Perform the installation and configuration of the PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB software;
- Creation of new and migration of existing databases;
- Daily maintenance of the databases of our customers: backups, monitoring, capacity management, etc.;
- Supply 2nd/3rd line open-source database support for our customers;
- Performance tuning and best practice implementations;
- Preventive maintenance of the databases of our customers: checking performance, tuning parameters, patch level management, etc. You will discuss and implement the resulting recommendations with the customer later on;
- Make sure the documentation is created, maintained and accurate.
What do you bring to the team?
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL 9, 10, 11 …
- Knowledge of MySQL and/or MariaDB
- Knowledge or interest in MongoDB
- Knowledge of Linux operating system
- Monitoring software knowledge is a plus
- Performance tuning experience is a plus
- Cloud experience is a plus
- A team-oriented attitude, but you are also able to work autonomously
- Motivation and a customer-oriented mindset
- Technical innovation. You are willing to certify and to stay in the leading edge of your field
What we offer you
You will join a young team that always goes the extra mile. You will get the chance to start your own initiatives and make full use of your knowledge. You will receive a nice reward with extra benefits (company car with fuel card, mobile phone subscription, laptop, reimbursement for your meals, insurance package, train subscription, …). You will be continuously trained and supervised and will get the opportunity to build up a beautiful curriculum, filled with challenging projects, experiences and certificates. You will have the opportunity to do both in-house projects as well as to work with our Belgian and international clients.
What we expect from our DevOps Engineers
- Education and experience: you have a bachelor’s degree in applied computer science or equivalent through experience.
- Expertise: you have knowledge of Linux and scripting: Ansible or Chef, Puppet, Python… Knowledge of virtualisation and/or public cloud is a plus, as is knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: AWS, Azure, Softlayer, middleware (Websphere, Tomcat, Jboss, …), open-source tools, containers (Docker).
- Strong communication skills: you communicate fluently with the team, your colleagues and the customer. In doing so, you are helpful and are always willing to aim for the best solution together
- Active learning style: eager to learn! You have a constant hunger for knowledge and you like to share this knowledge with your colleagues.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.